There are countless free blogging sites out there to choose from, however only a few are site are proficient enough to help you efficiently to grow your blog. Some of them do not offer critical features that help you to drive the traffic to your blog. You need to carefully choose the blogging platform for your first blog that can help you drive the traffic and generate revenue.
We will discuss the ten best blogging platforms in this article you can choose which one is best for you based on your specific goals.
So Which is the Best Blogging Platform?
If you are looking for a platform to start your first blog for free then you will definitely like WordPress.com. It is one of the most papular platforms on the web.
WordPress.com stores your site’s content forever on their servers. most of the users like it for its simplicity, free blog creation, and maintenance. The platform offers services such as hosting, the ability to have a custom domain, and features without installing plugins. it’s the best free option for bloggers who want to have the full power of customization and usability.
- It is free to use.
- Easy to use; no coding required you can easily customize the look of your blog.
- Various subjects to examine.
- gives you full control over your blog.
- The free blog cannot be monetized with affiliate marketing or Google AdSense.
- Need to upgrade to a premium plan to add a custom domain name.
- Switching to another blogging platform can be expensive because you’ll have to pay for site redirection even after switching.
The self-hosted version of WordPress expects you to download a copy of the WordPress software and upload it on a server. However, the top hosting firms will make this progression simple for you by dealing with the installation itself. Despite the fact that this choice gives the best measure of flexibility, it accompanies an additional cost of a web server and a domain name.
Self-hosted WordPress has become the most popular platform of all, not only for blogs. 30% of the websites are created by using WordPress. WordPress is an extraordinary option for you if you want to have full power over your blog and have the option to customize each part of it.
Then again, you will have to pay some money to create your blog on WordPress. To get things done cheap, you can hope to pay around $60 every year.
A self-hosted WordPress blog is simply the best approach for anybody who is willing to pay a couple of dollars consistently.
Read Also: What is Insurance? Types of Insurance
- Easy to use with full control and customization.
- Access to more than 1,500 free subjects and 20,000 free modules.
- Web look instrument huge hearted decisions.
- With self-hosted WordPress, you can make any kind of site, including eCommerce stores, forums, niche social networks, etc.
- it can be a little difficult to customize the blog’s style without the help of a page builder plugin.
- Need to manage security and backup yourself.
blogger is a free platform and very easy to use for the beginners. with blogger, it is very easy for the user to type their content, add photos and publish. You can also edit the HTML and add widgets to blog, which many blogging sites for beginners do not offer.
Since Blogger is ensured by Google, you’ll have the full access to Google features like AdSense, Analytics, and so forth. however, Blogger isn’t as adaptable as WordPress.org. This stage is superb for side premium bloggers and brand engineers who may lean toward not to contribute any cash, in any case, may need to profit through headways. Since it is unquestionably not hard to utilize, it is likewise an extraordinary stage for understudy bloggers essentially taking in the ropes.
- Completely free and simple to use.
- Can put AdSense headways.
- Access to HTML code, so there are more customization choices.
- Customization is limited
- You can’t add enhanced functionalities like an eCommerce store to your blog
- According to Blogger’s Terms of Service, they can suspend your blog at any time without prior notice.
Tumblr is a blogging platform that is mostly used by the young generation. It is one of the simplest options and easy to use. However, Tumblr emphasis on shorter content like photos, link, and GIFs rather than the text content. It is an alternate social media platform and loved by the visual bloggers. So, if you are looking for a blogging platform to write your content then you may want to find another platform to use. The idea of reblogging content may also lack appeal with bloggers, particularly if you are blogging material that you want to have complete control over copyright and other such protections.
- Tumblr is quite simple to use.
- Costs nothing, and is ideal for use on a mobile device.
- It has an integrated social media component.
- Not ideal for a more developed blog, as the content remains in the Tumblr ecosystem.
- There is no way to monetize it.
- Compared to other blogging platforms, Tumblr comes with a limited set of features.
- Exporting your site to another platform can be quite difficult.
Read Also: Best blogger template